Monday, June 6, 2016

Review - A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas


A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2)

A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses #2)
By Sarah J. Maas
Published May 3rd, 2016 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens
640 pages

5 stars - I don't even need a reason for this rating!

Synopsis from Goodreads.com:

Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the Spring Court—but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people.

Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms—and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future—and the future of a world cleaved in two.

With more than a million copies sold of her beloved Throne of Glass series, Sarah J. Maas's masterful storytelling brings this second book in her seductive and action-packed series to new heights.



Review:

I'm sitting here right now struggling to find the words to accurately describe my feelings for this book. This book was just basically everything that I wanted and didn't realize I needed. 

I was totally in love with A Court of Thorns and Roses and after having read all of Sarah J. Maas' other books, I knew that the sequel to ACoTaR would be nothing short of amazing. But I was also extremely nervous because I had a feeling I knew what was going to happen and I wasn't sure how I felt about it. Luckily I felt all kinds wonderful about this book!

A Court of Mist and Fury was a blessedly long book that had everything you could possibly want in it. We pick up months after the first book and things are looking as bright as Feyre thought they would. I'm talking about her and Tamlin but I'm not going to say much more other than things aren't as great as we once thought they were. 

Feyre is trying to move on and move past her horrible time Under the Mountain but it's not proving easy. We watch as Feyre tries to deal with her guilt, despair, and fear and we watch as she has difficulty with dealing. She isn't getting too much support from those around her either. Plus she is also worrying about the bargain that she made with the infamous Rhys. Then Rhys makes a rather alarming appearance and takes Feyre with him to The Night Court. 

Things start picking up from here and there is no going back. We watch as Feyre battles her demons and grows throughout this book. I absolutely loved seeing Feyre grow and overcome her fears and doubts. I could relate, in a way, to Feyre and the emotions running through her and that made it all the better to watch her surpass her past. 

Aside from loving Feyre even more I also found a few more characters that I just absolutely adore. Rhys' inner circle of friends were everything for me! I would definitely want to be apart of their circle because they definitely embody me. Azriel, Cassian, Mor, and Amren were so special and lovable in their own ways. I so enjoyed learning more and more about them and watching them interact with each other, Rhys, and Feyre. 

And Feyre and Rhys! I just can't even explain my love for Rhys or the relationship between him and Feyre. Just know that it is beautiful and incredibly steamy. :) 

Aside from the new characters that I now adore and the older characters that I somewhat adore/hate, I also enjoyed the settings. The Court of Dreams was everything I could ever want and I would absolutely want to live there. 

Geez, there was just so much that I LOVED about this book! I could not put it down and I could just not handle my feelings. Action, suspense, good times and bad, steamy moments, and incredibly heart warming ones - this book had them all. There were also some twists and turns that I didn't even see coming! The ending kind of tore at my heart though but also left me extremely excited for the last book! I CANNOT WAIT!!! 

Check this out now. You definitely won't be disappointed. :)

Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? :)