Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Remembrance Review

Remembrance (Transcend Time, #1)
Remembrance (Transcend Time Saga #1)
By Michelle Madow
Published July 27th 2011 by Dreamscape Publishing
314 pages

3.5 - 4 stars


Lizzie Davenport has been reincarnated from Regency Era, England ... but she doesn't know it yet.

Then Drew Carmichael transfers into Lizzie's high school at the beginning of the year, and she feels a connection to him, almost like she knows him. She can't stop thinking about him, but whenever she tries talking with him about the mysteries behind her feelings, he makes it clear that he wants nothing to do with her. Reaching him is even more difficult because she has a boyfriend, Jeremy, who has started to become full of himself after being elected co-captain of the varsity soccer team, and her flirtatious best friend Chelsea starts dating Drew soon after his arrival. So why can't she get him out of her mind?

Even though Lizzie knows she should let go of her fascination with Drew, fighting fate isn't going to be easy.

I saw Remembrance on Goodreads a couple of months ago and ever since then I've wanted to read it. Well mission accomplished because the kindle version is currently free on Amazon. Anyways I was finally able to read it a couple days ago and it was pretty good. I'm aware that I rated it 3.5 to 4 stars and that's because I'm still unsure as to whether its a 3.5 or a 4. I feel like it might be somewhere in the middle because despite the fact that it was interesting I still had a few problems with it.

So Remembrance is basically about a girl and boy that have been reincarnated and for reasons that you'll find out in the book. I really enjoyed the whole reicarnation thing and everything that had to do with it in the book, it's an interesting topic. I liked how the characters didn't know each other at first and how they started learning about their past through memories.And for the most part I enjoyed the characters, except Jeremy. Most of the time I just wanted to slap Jeremy but maybe you'll feel differently :). The story between Drew and Lizzie was interesting but at the same time I felt like there maybe could have been more. Though I suppose that more will be covered in the following books. 

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that for the first book in a series, Remembrance was a pretty good start. It was enjoyable and at some parts suspensful. I would really like to know what the future looks like for Lizzie and Drew, especially with the ending that the book had. I look forward to seeing all the characters grown and for the relationship between Lizzie and Drew to grow. Oh and I thought it was great how Michelle thought of the idea for this book after watching Taylor Swift's Love Story music video! So despite all my rambling and confusion I do encourage you to check this book out and right now it is free! 

Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? :)