Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Pushing the Limits

Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1)
Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits #1)
By Katie McGarry
Published July 31st, 2012 by Harlequin Teen
392 pages

5 stars - AMAZING!!!




No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.

Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.

I was so happy when I was finally able to buy this book because I had been wanting to read it ever since it came out! I have to say that I wasn't disappointed. From page one, I was drawn into this book. It was just amazing and I had a sort of insta love for the characters and the story itself.
I don't want to give too much away so I'm not going to really summarize the book for you. I think the top summary from the book gives a pretty good description. I will tell you all about why I loved these characters though. So the two main characters are Echo and Noah. Both are troubled teens. Echo has scars all over her arms and yet she doesn't know what happened to make them like that. She knows that she woke in the hospital and that she had been at her mom's house the night it happened. Now that she's back at school she has to deal with all the rumors and stares. Plus she has to deal with figuring out who her real friends are. Noah is in foster care along with his brothers. Brothers who he barely gets to see because he doesn't live with them. He's the bad boy and isn't one for relationships, until he meets Echo. I have to tell you that while reading both of these teens' stories I felt bad for them. I felt so strongly for these characters and was sad when they were and happy when they were. I loved seeing them both grow throughout the whole book and figure out who they were. I also loved the relationship between the both of them. I think I loved seeing Noah and his relationships with others the best. And besides these two characters there were others as well that were love worthy and hate worthy.
So I don't know if now I'm just babbling but the point I have today is that Pushing the Limits is a great book. Despite what others may think of it I still have my opinion. Pushing the Limits made me cry and laugh and really think about the situations people are in. And any book that can make me do all three things is a favorite worthy book. I flew threw this book and at times had to try to delay myself because I didn't want to finish it. So I encourage you to check it out and see for yourself.

Vanessa


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? :)