Monday, October 8, 2012

Fallen (Fallen #1)

Fallen (Fallen, #1)
Fallen (Fallen #1)
By Laruen Kate
Published December 8th, 2009 by Delacorte Press
452 pages

4.5 stars - It was Great!!



There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce – he goes out of his way to make that very clear. But she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, Luce has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret...even if it kills her.

Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, FALLEN is a page-turning thriller and the ultimate love story.


Sorry again that I haven't posted recently but I've been pretty busy.  So I remember awhile back, closer to when this first came out, I wondered if I should read it.  I was interested but not really.  So I gave it a few years and then came back to it just last week and was totally in love with it!  It's definitely in the genre that I love to read and I didn't realize how good it could actually be.  So anyways on with the review.

Luce Price has ended up in a boarding school for "screw - ups" where her incident seems harmless compared to some of the others there.  Luce doesn't know anyone when she first arrives and is leaving her best friend and parents because she is different.  Because something terrible happened and she can't remember anything of what happened.  So she has ended up in a place where anything electronic is forbidden, security cameras watch your every move and the school uniform is all black.  Luce feels doomed until she meets Arrianne a girl she's not sure she can trust but is a friend nonetheless.  There is Cam, a guy who sticks up for her and is nice.  And then there is Daniel, a guy she is totally attracted to for reasons she can't explain.  But there's a problem, Daniel makes it completely clear he doesn't want anything to do with her.  As Luce tries to get used to the school thinking that maybe she can finally leave her past behind, it starts happening again.  She's seeing things and is having dreams she can't explain.  The other problem is that she doesn't know who to trust and who to run from because trusting the wrong person could be the end of her.

I really did enjoy reading Fallen.  I liked Luce and especially Arriane and Penn, two of Luce's friends.  I also really loved Daniel even though at times you couldn't figure out what was up with him.  But when you realize what has happened to him it really makes you feel bad.  I felt like I was able to establish relationships with some of the characters which I love.  Another great thing about this story is that I was always trying to figure out who the bad guys were.  I would think that I had it figured out and then I'd be surprised.  I didn't really ever know how it would end up until it happened.  The story was interesting to me and I loved it.  The ending was kind of surprising to me and it left me wondering what would end up happening and who is really on the good side or bad side.  I can't wait to read the second one which I have with me now so I'll be posting that review as soon as I'm done.  But you should really give this book a try and see for yourself what you think.  I hope I did an ok job at explaining what I liked about this book, sometimes I'm too excited to think clearly.  Thanks again!

Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? :)